Better After Bump - New Mummy Assessment
Our Women's Health Service is now offering a post natal service to help New Mums recover from childbirth.
This is a post-natal physical assessment, to help your body recover more quickly after childbirth. It is recommended for all mums; whether you have had a vaginal delivery, instrumental or C-section. The assessment can be taken any time after the birth of your child. Stretching and weakness of the stomach and pelvic floor muscles will occur after carrying a baby for 9 months and then giving birth. It is important to restore this strength; to prevent lower back pain and pelvic problems that may occur post-natally when caring for your baby.
The aims of the assessment are to answer common questions such as:
• Do you want to return to your pre-baby size and fitness?
• Have you noticed a gap in your stomach muscles?
• Do you have any aches, pains or pelvic floor symptoms?
• Are you worried about how to get back to exercise? Where to begin?
• Do you want to return to your previous sport and want to know the safest way to do so?
• Do you want to prepare your body for further pregnancies?
The New Mummy Assessment costs £75 and will include:
• 1 hour assessment from a Specialist Women’s Health Physiotherapist
• Assessment of your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
• Check any issues that may have arisen during or after your pregnancy
• Postural assessment
• Personal exercise programme designed for you to:
* rebuild core strength
* improve posture
* prevent future aches and pains
* help return to your optimal weight
* guide you towards a return to sport or fitness
Currently this service is only available at the Crystal Palace Clinic.
Click here to find out more about our Women's Health Services at CPPG.
For further information or to book please contact us:
T. 020 8778 9050 E. firstname.lastname@example.org W. www.cppg.co.uk
Online booking is also available.