Event: Running Seminar 2019
Our popular and expert evening Running Seminar is back in January and February
- Thursday 31 January and Thursday 7 February
- 19:00 - 20:00
- Crystal Palace clinic Jubilee Stand, National Sports Centre, SE19 2BB
- Free event but please register in advance so we can keep track of numbers
Join our running team for an hour of top tips on how to improve your running this season.
About this event
An evening seminar with our Running Specialist Physiotherapist, Adam Barker. The interactive programme will cover running essentials such as:
- Common Injuries - running pains how to identify problems and what to do about them
- Training Strategies - guidance on highly effective programmes
- Strength & Conditioning - specific exercises to complement your running
- Running Shoes - how to choose the best footwear for your running style and body shape
- Race Day - top tips to get you to the start and over the finish line
- The Running Team - from physio to podiatry to diet & nutrition
It's a free event but please register in advance so we can keep track of numbers. You can register online via eventbrite (links below) or with our Reception team on 020 8778 9050 or email email@example.com
Meet our Running Specialist Phyisotherapist, Adam Barker
Our resident Northerner, Adam graduated from the University of Nottingham with a first Class Honours Degree in Physiotherapy. Since graduating, he gained a wide range of experience in assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions in both NHS and Private sectors.
A self-confessed geek, he has completed postgraduate qualifications in deep tissue massage, joint manipulation, acupuncture, taping and bio-mechanical analysis.
Adam is currently based at the Crystal Palace clinic. He has a special interest in sports injuries, particularly in the management of running related conditions, however
When not perfecting his hair (his prize asset!), Adam is a keen runner who has completed numerous marathon and half marathon events. Renowned for his patient rapport, Adam is dedicated to getting you back to peak fitness and is committed to supporting you throughout your journey to full recovery.
Contact us for further information
Read more about running:
- Thinking about your running? Top ten tips for better running
- Spring marathon running: Injury trouble shooting
- Nutrition for distance events and marathon
- Interview with ... the sub 2:45 Marathon Runner
- Interview with ... the Polar Marathon Runner