CATTS Extended Scope Physiotherapist
Ref: ESP Closes: 29th Jun 2015
Extended Scope Physiotherapists – We have ful ltime and part time positions available for Musculoskeletal ESP’s in Clapham and Crystal Palace.
You will be able to demonstrate experience of working in a triage clinic, delivering excellent assessment and management plans for a diverse caseload. Ideally you will be competent in Injection Therapy and possess good working knowledge of imaging investigations and blood tests as well as being computer literate and highly organised and efficient in running your clinics.
We are an award winning Physiotherapy provider based in Southeast London having recently been named in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For. We have clinics in both Lambeth and Bromley which are easily accessible from London mainline stations. We provide support for ongoing professional development, a comprehensive in-house CPD program with established links to other local clinicians and consultants.
If you want to be part of a relaxed, autonomous and stimulating work environment, and feel you can go the extra mile for your patients, please apply.
To provide a musculoskeletal assessment service and for patients who have been referred directly by local GP’s into the Clinical Assessment Triage and Treatment Service (CATTS). In addition, to act within a multidisciplinary team to agree on the most appropriate management of the patient and ensure that effective referrals are made to the most appropriate clinician (internal or external) within specific targets and budgets.
Contribute to the development of clinical excellence through ongoing professional development, sharing best practice and input to developing protocols and procedures within the CATTS team.
Be engaged in the annual performance cycle and subsequent working towards agreed objectives and be responsible for monitoring agreed goals and objectives
Develop networks and build relationships with local surgeons/specialists and GP’s or other potential or actual stakeholders.
Provide Clinical Functions:
- Greet clients in reception and brief them as to the procedures of the clinic.
- Take a detailed subjective history from the client (including relevant questionnaires if appropriate) and ensure that the details of the assessment and any relevant outcome measures are accurately recorded on the assessment sheet.
- Conduct a suitable objective assessment using recognised orthopaedic tests and objective measurements to ascertain a diagnosis of the condition
- Explain the nature of the client’s injury with them answering any of their questions or concerns.
- Formulate a management plan for the client, explaining this to them encompassing the options that are available, our clinic philosophy of treatment and ensuring that they are offered ‘patient choice’ for any referral into secondary care.
- Discussing a likely timeline for treatment to the client to outline the probable course of treatment.
- Gain and document informed consent from the client prior to proceeding with the treatment plan.
- To maintain accurate and timely notes on each client assessment and have these completed not more than 24 hours after the completion of the assessment.
- Complete all relevant processes to effectively refer the client to the appropriate clinician or discharge the client.
- Measure the outcomes of the service according to agreed protocols.
- Actively manage the clients that are under your care, ensuring that all clients that do not attend appointments or who are non-returners to short follow-ups are contacted by telephone or e-mail to ascertain whether they require further management. Keep an accurate record of those contacts and responses.
- To maintain registration with all relevant statutory bodies including the Health Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, and comply with the relevant Codes of Practice.
Provide Other Business Functions:
- Act as an informal sounding board for other clinical staff sharing best-practice through case review, ad-hoc advice and opinion.
- Contributing to the CPSIC in-service program of training, on at least one occasion annually.
- Promote the CATTS service to relevant GP’s and Specialists highlighting the benefits to patients and other stakeholders
Provide Administrative Support Functions
- Hold responsibility for the collection and reporting of key performance indicators and other management information related to the activity and outcomes of the CATTS service.
- Complete any administrative tasks relating to clients assessments (eg letters to specialists) or contributes to the overall running of the clinic or the business aims.
There are no budgets attached to this role
There are no direct reports into this role
CATTS Clinical Lead:
Liaise with on an as needs basis for clinical support and guidance, operational/administrative issues or personal development matters. Liaise with formally regarding own performance once a year, and as required outside of that time.
Liaise with on a daily basis on any diary issues, for the ordering of any additional stock that may be required in the clinic or any other administrative tasks or problems as they arise.
Liaise on an ongoing basis for the purposes of handing over patients from CATTS assessment to treatment, provide ad-hoc clinical support, second opinions, treatment ideas or advice on other clinical matters.
Outside of the appointment times, all correspondence, telephone calls, e-mails and contacts with clients should be done in a timely (<48 hours="" and="" courteous="" manner="" p="">
- To deliver the best possible evidence-based assessment and triage service to the client and to disseminate this knowledge to other clinical staff.
- To engage other clinical staff so that they are clears about the proposed management of patients.
- To expand and maintain external links and relationships with various professionals/clients to ensure strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Contribute to the overall clinical, administrative and business running of the clinic and to help develop protocols to ensure the Triage service is in-line with current best-practice.
- Planning and Organising skills
- Commitment to Excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Business Focus
- Proven ability to build relationships
- Team Worker
- Customer focused
- Highly engaged and self motivated