What Is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise that targets the deep postural muscles of the abdomen and spine to improve overall central core stability and posture. Pilates was designed by Joseph Pilates as a corrective system of exercise, intending to strengthen the human mind and body. As well as the benefits of getting stronger, your flexibility and balance improves with regular pilates practice.
Who Can Benefit From Pilates?
Pilates can be beneficial for:
- Improving your general fitness and body awareness
- Remedial and rehabilitation work
- Injury prevention
- Improving technique for athletes and dancers
- The elderly
- Pregnancy: Pre and post natal
- For children: from 12 years-old
How Can Pilates Benefit You?
Pilates helps you to:
- Improve strength and flexibility
- Increase awareness and control of your dynamic stability
- Improve coordination
- Release stress
- Improve posture
- The elderly with strength, balance and co-ordination
We run a range of individual and class base Pilates sessions to suit our clients and patients.