Our Women’s Health service offers Obstetrics and Gynaecological care. The service is led by an experienced senior womens health physiotherapist who has undertaken specialist training in these area. The conditions treated are detailed below.
- Physiotherapy Advice and treatment for back, neck, rib and pelvic girdle pain (sacroiliac or symphysis pubis /SPD). Also for nerve problems such as Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation for labour (positions for labour, breathing techniques, massage, relaxation, TENS).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, to prevent and treat incontinence.
- Ante Natal Pilates.
- We also offer Pregnancy Massage for your Second Trimester. Click here to read more
- New Mummy Assessment - comprehensive assessment and advice to get your body back post baby.
- Physio treatment for back, neck and pelvic pain and practical advice relating to breast-feeding and carrying baby and improving posture.
- Post-natal abdominal retraining following a C-Section delivery and for rectus divarification.
- Pelvic Floor Training – for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individualised and safe ‘return to exercise’ programmes.
- Post-natal Pilates.
Physio treatment of incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain including:
- Pelvic Floor Training (using Kegal exercises, EMG biofeedback, muscle simulation and cones).
- Manual therapy for overactive or painful pelvic floor muscles.
- Bladder Training and Acupuncture for overactive bladder syndrome.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.